Andy Murray WallPaper
Lewis Hamilton And Andy Murray Early Favourites For 2009 BBC Sports Personality Of The Year ::With the 2008 BBC Sports Personality of the Year award going to surprise winner and third favourite, Chris Hoy in this Olympics year season, it is now turn for another season ahead in 2009.
Uk Bookmakers have started offering odds on the names of probables for the award in 2009 with Lewis Hamilton and Andy Murray coming in as early favourites with them.
Murray ready for Grand Slam glory ::Andy Murray says he feels closer to breaking his Grand Slam duck after a successful 2008 campaign.
The world number four has enjoyed his most rewarding season so far, winning five ATP championships and reaching the US Open final in September.
"I feel like I'm much closer to winning a Grand Slam now than I was," the 21-year-old Scot told BBC Sport.
"I always dreamt of winning one, but you don't believe it until you get very close, like I did in the US Open."
Andy Murray, Tennis number 4 ranked player
Andy Murray, the number 4 ranked player in the world, plays against Mardy Fish at The Boulevard Village and Tennis Club during an exhibition match for charity .
Andy Murray Pictures
Andy Murray Bio
Nationality: GBR (Great Britain)
Birthdate: May 15, 1987
Birthplace: Dunblane, Scotland
Residence: Dunblane, Scotland
Turned Pro: 2005
* Full name is Andrew Murray
* Began playing at age three
* Mother, Judy, is a former Scottish national coach and father, William is a Retail Area Manager
* Has one older brother Jamie (born Feb. 13, 1986), who also plays on the ATP circuit
* Grew up playing soccer and tennis and once was offered to play with Glasgow Rangers
* His favorite movie is The Girl Next Door and favorite musician is 50 Cent
* Based in Barcelona since age 15
* Won US Open junior title (d. Stakhovsky) and advanced to doubles SF (w/brother Jamie) in 2004
* Roland Garros junior SF in 2005
* Finished No. 10 in world junior rankings in ‘04
* Won Canadian Open junior title in 2003 and finished No. 6 that year
* Considers US Open best place he’s played
* Awarded 2004 BBC Young Sports Personality of the Year Award
* Twice named LTA’s Young Player of the Year
* Has a 7-5 career Davis Cup record (6-1 in singles) in seven ties
* Favorite surface is clay and considers his serve as best part of his game
* Coached by American and former ATP Top 10 pro Brad Gilbert (since Washington in July 2006).