Search: shockheaded peter youtube flying robert
Why: On Take Your Daughter to Work Day, Dwight starts to read to the kids from Struwwelpeter. We saw the musical of Shockheaded Peter in London. The band was super weird, but I liked one song.
Answer: Oh, this is something. The band is The Tiger Lillies.
The More You Know: These are cautionary tales for kids.
- Shockheaded Peter - A boy does not groom himself properly and is consequently unpopular.
- The Story of Cruel Frederick – A violent boy terrorizes animals and people. Eventually he is bitten by a dog, who goes on to eat the boy's sausages while he is bedridden.
- The Dreadful Story of Pauline and the Matches – A girl plays with matches and burns to death.
- The Story of the Inky Boys – Saint Nicholas catches 3 boys teasing a dark-skinned boy. To teach them a lesson, he dips the 3 boys in black ink, to make them even darker-skinned than the boy they'd teased.
- The Story of the Wild Huntsman - A hare steals a hunter's rifle and eyeglasses and begins to hunt the hunter. In the ensuing chaos the hare's child is burned by hot coffee.
- The Story of Little Suck-a-Thumb – A mother warns her son not to suck his thumbs. When she goes out of the house, he resumes his thumbsucking until a roving tailor appears and cuts off his thumbs with giant scissors.
- The Story of Kaspar Who Did Not Have Any Soup – Kaspar, a healthy, strong boy, proclaims that he will no longer eat his soup. Over the next 5 days he wastes away and dies.
- The Story of Fidgety Philip - A boy who won't sit still at dinner accidentally knocks all of the food onto the floor, to his parents' great displeasure.
- The Story of Johnny Head-in-Air - A boy habitually fails to watch where he's walking. One day he walks into a river; he is soon rescued, but his portfolio drifts away.
- The Story of Flying Robert - A boy goes outside during a storm. The wind catches his umbrella and sends him to places unknown and presumably to his doom.