Jumat, 20 November 2009

The Cleveland Museum of Art East Wing, Ohio


^stu_spivack
- flickr/cc license
Rafael Viñoly the new East Wing of the Cleveland Museum of Art (CMA), which opened in June 2009. It is part of a large renovation project that is scheduled for completion in 2012.

Hubbell and Benes designed the original building, completed in 1916, and Marcel Breuer designed an addition in 1971.

A curved glass skylit roof covers the gathering courtyard in Vinoly's 2012 addition. In all there will be 21 new galleries. Circulation in existing galleries will be changed to face a new central axis, for improved coherence and unity. The new East Wing assumes a striped granite exterior like it's neighbor. As the overall design comes into fruition it becomes more clear what each design moves means.

More Info
More Info and Images




^stu_spivack
- flickr/cc license

^revjim5000
- flickr/cc license

Tidak ada komentar:

Poskan Komentar