Senin, 28 Februari 2011
Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona Arizona
Chapel of the Holy Cross in 1956 for Frank Lloyd Wright student Marguerite Brunswig Staude. The team got special permission to build on Coconino National Forest, and the total cost was only $300,000.
The form of the cross sinks into the landscape with windows around it forming the chapel inside. The form and decoration is very minimalist with a lighting quality and color that matches the bleak yet beautiful land. The building juts up 250 feet from the rock. It has become an unexpected source of unity for the community.
More Info and Images , More Info , Video
Diposting oleh zachi mori di 14.54