William Cubitt was responsible for the creation of Hay's Wharf in Southwark of London Borough, completed in 1856. It is located on the River Thames between London and Tower Bridge.
After being burned in a 1861 fire and bombed in world war two, it was renovated by Twigg Brown Architects in 1987.
The enclosed dock received 80% of England's tea. The warehouses are today upscale shopping venues and an arched glass roof covers the walkway. Salmon Pink granite and Yorkstone sandstone clad the fine exterior flooring.